My corporate job is a big part of my life so I decided to make it a part of my blog too. I started a new series on my blog called “Corporate Chic”, where I will share all tips and tricks I learned from my experience. When I started my first job, I had no clue how to build work wear wardrobe and which basic pieces are must-haves. At that time my sister helped me to figure it out. That was my first lesson!!! And that is why I decided to dedicate this post to “workwear basics”.
1.If you don’t know what is the dress code for your company then call HR department and ask them about the dress code policy. It varies across companies so they will definitely help you out.
2.Make a list of what you need to shop. Before you go shopping, check your closet, you might already possess few of these things like white button down shirt, nice blouse, black pumps etc.
3. If you are on a budget then it would be a good idea to check which stores are providing discounts, best fit for you and your budget. This will help to save some time and money!
Here I created two lists – 1. Must haves and 2. Nice to have!
1. Must haves – Color suggestion – Stay with neutral colors like black or gray or taupe/camel as they make life easier when it comes to “mix and match” and help to create multiple formal looks using the same piece.
1. A black suit (Blazer and pants) 2. Pants 3. A white button down 4. Pencil skirt
5. Classic black Pumps 6. Black sheath dress 7. Blouse (1) Blouse (2)
Blouse (3) Blouse (4)
Note: Add couple of blouses as per your choice. Here I provided some ideas.
2. Nice to have : These items will help to expand your work wear options.
1. Black fitted sweater 2. Beige or white sweater 3. Classic trench coat 4. Classic black wool coat
5. Neutral color shoes (flat, pumps)
Hope you enjoyed the post! Thanks for stopping by!