I am so excited and honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by three incredible bloggers Kristen from Suburbanreno, Molly form Stylemissmolly and Kait from Makeminemaroon. They have amazing styles and personalities. The Liebster Award is basically an award that is by bloggers, for bloggers. It’s passed from person to person to encourage connection and support within our writing community, and to aid in the discovery of new and upcoming bloggers.
A big THANK YOU to Kristen, Molly and Kait!!! 🙂
Answers to Kristen’s questions –
1. Are you an online or in-store shopper?
Online shopper for cloths. In-store shopper for makeup and fragrance.
2. Which make-up product do you never leave the house without?
3. What is your go-to fall fashion accessory?
4. What has been the hardest thing you have faced on your blogging journey?
Balancing my full time job and blogging.
5. What do you like to do in your spare time (other than blogging)?
Listening music, sketching, reading and sleeping! 🙂
6. Tell us something about yourself that people would not guess.
I am a dancer, a choreographer and a singer. Surprised??? 🙂
7. What does your ultimate weekend look like (ie. sweats and a housewives marathon, beach, shopping, etc.)?
With full time job I don’t get much time during weekdays for grocery shopping, house cleaning/organizting etc. So I try to finish all these pending work over the weekend.
8. Have you read any good books lately? If so, which?
Yes, The 3 Mistakes of my life!
9. What is your fashion obsession? Shoes, bags, sunglasses…
This is hard, I have many. 🙂 If I have to choose one, will go with “shoes” as I believe shoes can make or brake an outfit!
10. What do you love most about blogging?
Other than talking/writing about fashion and style, I love meeting and making new blogger friends.
Answers to Molly’s questions –
1.Three adjectives to describe your personality:
Ambitious, Fierce, Fun.
2.What is your biggest accomplishment you are proud of?
Recently – My blog! I wanted to do this since long time. It is hard to balance full time job, blogging and personal life responsibilities, but I think I am handling it well. 🙂
3.How would you describe your personal style.
Simple, Chic and Classic.
4.What is one article of clothing you cannot live without?
A good pair of jeans.
5.What made you decide to start a fashion blog?
I am the “go to person” for my friends and family for fashion advice. They always asked me to share my tips and knowledge. Then one day I thought I should start my own blog! I am already doing some part of it and important thing is I really enjoy doing it !! then why not? 🙂 and voilà!!! Next thing I know I have a blog! 🙂
6.How did you come up with your blog name?
I always get this common comment from my friends “you always look stylish, work, after work, home, weekends” . This comment was constantly playing in my head like a record, when I was looking for my blog name. So I decided to name my blog to match this comment. 🙂
7.Who/what is your biggest motivation for blogging?
I would say I motivate myself. I have a habit to plan my dress ahead of time. I quickly pick up one piece from my closet, it can be anything, like a bag or a skirt etc and then I create my outfit around it. I always force myself to create something different by using what I already have. My creativity really helps for blogging.
8.What is your favorite season?
Summer! Summer!Summer! I missing it so much! 🙁
9.What’s your favorite snack?
It is hard to answer as I eat snacks all day, healthy one of course!!! 🙂 (not always 🙂 ). At work, I have one drawer full of snacks! Me in store snack section would be like kid in a candy store. Anything spicy, salty ? – I am sold! My favorite go to snack is salted and roasted assorted nuts. See I told you I eat healthy! 🙂
10. Do you have any style advice?
Yes and it is very important one – Dress according to your body type.
Answers to Kait’s questions –
1. If you could only use one makeup item for the rest of your life what would it be?
2. Why did you start blogging, and what it your proudest blogging achievement?
I am the “go to person” for my friends and family for fashion advice. They always asked me to share my tips and knowledge. That really made me to start my own blog!
I am blogging since few months now and during these months I met lot of amazing bloggers and now they are my friends! This is the best blogging achievement so far.
3. What is one little thing you do just for you every week?
“Me time” for 2 hrs – I switch off my phone and computer, disconnect my self from others. I pamper myself and meditate, these things really help me to clear my head and rejuvenate myself.
4. What is your favorite Thanksgiving or Christmas tradition?
Spending time with friends and family – watching Christmas movies, drinking spiced tea/hot chocolate, eating lots of food. I love watching the snow fall.
5. What is your favorite feature about yourself?
6. If you could have one super hero who would it be?
Spider-Man. I Love him!!! 🙂
7. Do you have a favorite Starbucks order?
Currently – pumpkin spice latte.
8. What’s a strange quirk you have that drives everyone around you crazy?
I am a VERY organized person in my personal and professional life and I expect the same from others, sometimes that drives them crazy. 🙂 🙂
9. What odd little thing makes you supremely happy?
I love watching cartoons and animation movies, I get really excited like a kid. I know, this is odd! When I get excited, my friends give me that look, like “what’s wrong with you?” . 🙂
10.What piece of advice would you give to other bloggers trying to grow their brand?
Be real, be you and connect with other bloggers!
Swati from A sip of beauty
Hened from Project Perfectionist
Doreen from Doreen’s Style Diary
Ankita from Haute Chica
Kavya from Pretty Pink Roses
Veena from Knowing My Style
Lisa and Nahal from Haute Ashbury
Sharvari from Mumbai To Melbourne
Urvashi from Love Life Fashion Style
1. Post your award to your blog.
2. Answer the questions that you were given from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate a few new bloggers you’ve discovered.
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees.
5. Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
My questions for the Nominees:
1.What inspired you to start blogging?
2.What do you enjoy most about blogging/writing?
3.What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
4.What is your favorite go-to outfit and why?
5.Where do you get your fashion inspiration?
6.Who is your photographer for your blog?
7.What is one go-to thing that cheers you up no matter what?
8.What is one of your talents?
9.What do you do to relax yourself?
10.What is your favorite inspirational quote?
I had so much fun answering all the questions! I hope you enjoyed this post! 🙂